Thursday 4 December 2014

Top 5 Fun activities for father and son using no technology.

Hi All,

I have been very excited to do this post and hopefully encourage parents, dads and moms to do activities with their kids using no technology. As important as it is for them to learn technology and gadgets, we still need to teach them about the basics. Being an outdoor family it makes it so much easier for us to do outside activities. However some families are not. I’m really hoping that this will motivate families to take their kids outdoors. But what if it’s raining? No worries, we will cover that as well.
Being a tomboy when I was small, I thought it will help me do boyish activities with my son. Oh boy, but I was wrong, as one day I saw my husband making a bow and arrow for my son out of sticks in our backyard. That’s when I realized I better ask my hubby to give few pointers of fun activities for father and son and also to help single moms score brownie points with their sons.



    1. Salty kisses and sandy toes.
Living on the coast has allowed us to go to the beach almost the whole year round. I just love to take a quick trip to the beach after work and just relax. Being a crafty person, you see crafts in everything. Washed up wood, shells, everything. Yes I’m so bad I used my sons t-shirt to carry shells. Aiden being the real boy he is, didn’t find it very exciting. Then one day my hubby started teaching Aiden about the blue bottles, looking for treasures in little holes and so much more. From an early age he started showing Aiden how to fish. Some days I just love sitting there and watching them like two little kids finding amusement in sticks. By having fun my husband teaches our son about the ocean, how to be safe and simple things that create a bond no one can replace.

Don’t be afraid to be silly with your son and just have fun in the sun. Teach your son about ocean safety and the beauty of it.

    2. Building blocks.
Bad weather? No excuse to have fun with your son indoors. Legos, we all grew up with those. They are fun and build your imagination. I think every kid should have some of them. From an early age my husband played with Aiden creating anything you can think of. I could sit for hours and watch them creating stuff and telling stories around it.

Bring out your inner child by building blocks with your son and at the same time it will build up his imagination and motor skills.
        
    3. God’s given nature.
Aiden is as boyish as you can get. From playing with bugs to catching frogs. With having fun outside he teaches Aiden about how to be safe around spiders etc.

Get your son and go outside, enjoy what God has given us to enjoy totally for free. Catch bugs, build fortress or even make a bow and arrow out of sticks.

      

         4. Camping
Probably the best way to get your kids away from technology. First time we took Aiden camping was when he was just 8 months old. And, he loved it. Freedom to get dirty and stay up late around a camp fire.

Use this time as bonding for just you and your son or as a family.  Teach him through camping to be happy and content and with simple things. And don’t leave camping just for holidays. Why not try your backyard. Put up a tent, make a fire and do some star gazing. Enjoying the Gods given beauty.

     5. Fishing.
I think every boy should know how to fish or at least done it once. My hubby just loves showing Aiden all the different lures and how to cast and everything that goes with that. Allow your child to have memories that he will be proud to share it with his kids.


Thank you so much for reading this post, I really hope it will inspire you to teach and at the same time have fun with the simple gifts God has given us. Be sure to check out our other inspiring posts.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment