Thursday 4 December 2014

How we teach our kids about Jesus.

Hi All,

Being a mom myself I have learnt how vulnerable young kids are to the outside world. One of the sayings I saw the other day that is just so true: “If we don’t teach our kids about God, the world will teach them everything he’s not.”  That has stuck in my head for a long time now, and it made me realize that it is our duty as a parent to teach our kids about Jesus. Below there is a few ideas and tips from ladies that are awesome moms, and the tell us how they teach their kids about Jesus.



Hiya to all.

I am a mom of two, Wyllona is 11 and William 13.  I am married to a wonderful husband Martin.  We are the Paxton family!!!  J 

We are all very passionate about sport especially mountain biking together.  This is our special time to enjoy nature and appreciate God’s wonderful gifts.   We love our jobs and the town of Richards Bay.  We feel very blessed to stay in such a wonderful place where you can swim in the ocean, jog on the pier or naval or pelican island, mountain bike in the many single tracks around town and to support the many community projects in our area.

We love competing against each other in anything we do which makes us all enjoy the time together even more and the laughs even louder!!!

Thank you GOD for my wonderful family!!!  
Wilma Paxton
  • What would Jesus do?

Teach your kids that if they are in daubt, they must always ask themselves this very important question: “What would Jesus do.” Teaching kids to do the right from an early age is very important, and having Jesus as guidance, we couldn’t have asked for a better gift. As Wilma said: “It has helped my kids on so many occasions, where friends might be nasty. Or even saying a simple yes or no in the right situation.
  • Prayer

What better way to keep your kids on the right path than by teaching them  ‘Our father prayer’. It is so sad that this prayer has been taken out of schools where kids spend majority of their time. We as parents need to teach our kids to pray, pray without ceasing. As Wilma said:”This prayer use to be the start to every school assembly. I believe that core values and Christian principles were lost when this prayer was taken out of schools.
“Our father prayer download”
  •  Reading the bible.

Wilmas kids each get a turn to read out of the bible. Which ensures that they get to know the word and teachings of Jesus. Be sure to sit with your kids while they read the bible to help them understand and allow them to interact, show their feelings and thoughts. Take it further and help them to apply what they read in their daily life.


Hi,


My name is Annecke and I am a mom of two children. Anke 19 and JJ 5. I have no real experience in how to teach children about God but found living by example is definetly my main teaching point. We are a sport driven family and love to cycle.



  •  Leading by example.


Annecke believes that leading by example is definetly her main teaching point. She said “As a new believer I wanted to pray and read my bible which brought me closer and closer into relationship with God and children.” Children are born like little sponges absorbing everything around them. Starting scripture from an early age is very important. She also says “ I have heard a verse come out of their mouths numerous times in everyday sentences…speaking life…and God is life!”
  • Teaching on applying scripture in everyday life.

Anneckes said “ When praying I will teach them to pray what we have just read. It made them more aware of what we were reading. I will ask them to pray about a scripture that touched their hearts. That is how God is then speaking to them. Sometimes something silly would come out but the more I do it, the more they get comfortable. And they experienced God’s provision and protection.”
  •  Simply talking about God.

 “ I talk about God everyday and all day and would show them how God is in the centre of everything. That nothing ot no one is just by accident. In this the most common question is to understand the Trinity. God our creator, Jesus our saviuor and the Holy Spirit our comforter.




No comments:

Post a Comment