Monday 8 December 2014

Fun Christmas activities to do with your kids.

Hi Everybody,
So it is that time of the year again, Christmas. I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by.  I wish someone would just invent a slow motion button. This Christmas my little monkey will be almost 4 years, and I think it’s the right time to teach him what is Christmas about and what it symbolizes. I’m so blessed that both myself and my husband grew up in a home where Christmas was real family time, singing carols, dressing up the Christmas tree as family and the list goes on. We were taught what Christmas mean and that it’s more than just presents. These days so many kids don’t know the meaning of Christmas and what it is about. It makes me sad, because they don’t get taught of joy that comes during the Christmas time. That magical feeling of this festive time.

My goal this festive season is to teach my child about Christmas and what it symbolizes. Through fun activities kids learn so much more and with that you imprint happy memories that they will treasure forever and possibly pass it on to their kids. While thinking of ideas for this post, it bough tears to my eyes as it reminded me of when I was small. But it was good tears, tears of joy from all the good memories that my family made sure I have. That’s the same thing I want to do for my son, one day when I’m not here, there present will be long gone but the memory of joy and happiness will last forever. It is probably the best gift you can give your child, joy and happiness. Teach your kids what an awesome gift has God given us.
As every family differs these are just ideas of the fun activities that you can do as a family or with your child. Feel free to add, adjust, anything to make it feel personal. Remember, its simple things that are sometimes the best. Tip: think like a kid.


Here are some ideas for your family for every day, leading up to Christmas:

  • Set up the Christmas tree as a family.
  • Write a letter to Santa. Click here for template.
  • Make homemade decorations with your kids. Click here for some DIY ideas.
  • Watch a Christmas movie. Here are some ideas:  Dr.Seuss, how the Grinch stole Christmas, Polar express, Elf, Jingle All the way
  • Do some Christmas baking, and include your kiddies in the making and decorating. Click here for an easy sugar cookies recipe.
  • Go to the beach and make some sand angels, and if the creativity is flowing than make some snowman out of sand.
  • Build a snowman out of marshmallows. Here is a how to.
  • Drive around to see Christmas lights.
  • Read Christmas stories
  • Make Christmas eatable treats to put on the tree.
  • Make up a magic key for Santa, here is a quick DIY
  • Make treats for birds outside.
  • Create a snowman out of boxes
  • Teach about giving. Bake cookies and let your child help you donate it.
  • Listen to Christmas music while talking about the year and what you are grateful for.
  • Make up a slide show of photos from the year and make a family night of watching photos. Order pizza or make a fun fondue.
  • Art of giving. Allow your child to pick a toy and let them gift it to anyone of their choice.
  • Let your child pick a new Christmas ornament in the shop.
  • Make some Christmas cards with your kids.
  • Make a Christmas scavenger hunt. Prepare list of items to be hidden around the house and give the list to your kid/s to find them.
  • Star gaze and read Christmas stories.
  • Make Christmas treats for pets. Let your child wrap it. Here is a quick recipe.
  • Have Christmas themed minute to win it games on Christmas eve. Here is some ideas.
  • Everyone that receives a prezzie must first say nursery rhyme, sing a song or say a poem.


    Here is a printable Christmas bucket list. 


Here is a printable sample Santas letter.



I am so excited for Christmas to come and share the fun of this festive season with my son. I hope you are to and that it will motivate you to make this Christmas a magical and memorable one for your family. God has given us the most wonderful gift ever. Let us rejoice.


Thank you for reading my post, be sure to click on the links for the Christmas DIY’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment