Sunday 7 December 2014

Strong in Christ, Fit in Marriage


Hi All,

Welcome to the first guest post on relationships. 
It is so awesome hearing other people stories of how they conquered the bad times with the help of faith. 
I hope that with different point of views, everyone will benefit and learn from each other. 
Below is a post from Nastassia Lamont. A wife and mother of 2. 
But I'll leave it up to her to introduce herself. 



Hi I'm Nastassia Lamont and im 33 year old loving wife to JP Lamont for the past 5 years and devote mother of two to daughter Skyèla (8) and son Cayleb (4). I currently reside in Richards Bay, working as a Recruitment Consultant for the past 6 years and belongs to the Outlook Church in Birdswood. Apart from being a wife and mother, in my spare time I commit myself to setting a healthy lifestyle by eating clean and training 6 days a week. However I put my greatest passion and desire above everything in my life, my love for God. I just love to share my testimony with others in faithfulness that God will use my story to help others find Christ and come to know His love & grace.

Here is what I would like to share with you all:

Philippians 2:1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

There are no self-help books, dvd's, guidance seminars or enough parental advice that can guarantee you a smooth & happy marriage free from trials and tribulations however where Christ is centered marriage is beautiful and a wonderful adventure shared between two people that God has joined together. 

In the beginning we had many downs more than we had ups and during those downs it was really really messy but when we stopped looking at our own selfish needs and allowed God to intervene we became one with each other. Sharing in the same passion and love for God thus having more love than ever before with each other. 

Through our mutual passion for fitness, God has used this sport to not only bring us closer as husband and wife, where we learn to lean and trust on each other completely. But God is also transforming minds and softening hearts of others that we have the honor of meeting. 

When you keep God first in your marriage, you are able to stand as one body, one mind and one spirit. Love covers a multitude of sins and when we treat our spouses with love we are able to overcome any situation victoriously whether it is relational, financial, emotional, physical or spiritual.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment