Monday 6 July 2015

The Day I fell in love...all over again.



It has been over 11 years and life has challenged our marriage. It has thrown many curve balls at us. Some have hit us more than others. By placing God in the centre of our marriage, I began to feel and see the changes that he was busy with.

But first, before all that happened. I had to let go of everything. Surrender my heart, my thoughts and my plans to god. Only than I could hear his voice and his instructions.

I am the kind of person that likes to control things like planning a party, where to go eat out etc. And I had a plan, or atleast I thought I did. So, to let go, was very difficult for me. But if I really had faith in God, than this is what I had to do. I had to give God the steering wheel to my life and let him steer.

By letting go of control I began to have this freedom. This peace. With this freedom and peace in my heart I could now truly listen to what my husband is trying to say. I could see that when he corrects me, is that he means well. At one stage I didn't see things that way. I have also learnt my role as a wife. I have learnt to respect him and his decisions.

Sometimes we need to face our fears and simply let go and always remember that God is in control and that he has a plan for us. 

LET GO...BE FREE...AND ENJOY THE RIDE FULL OF BLESSINGS

My wish for you...
Is that you will surrender all your fears and worries to God and see the difference it makes to your heart. Do not try to control what has already been planned out for you. Fill your heart with love for your spouse rather than worries over things you cannot change.

I fell in love with my husband not because of his new look, or new his new clothes of because he got me a gift. 

I fell in love with him all over again because by emptying my heart and mind of un-necessary worries and control. I was now able to see his true love and care for me in moments where I saw frustration. 



My friend, feel the amazing peace that comes from giving it up all to God. Have faith in His plan for you. May you also experience the feeling of falling in love with your spouse all over again. 

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment