Tuesday 2 June 2015

Gift your child with Memories instead of presents.

Hi All,

Our children minds are so polluted of what it is to be happy. Today's society and media teach our kids that to be happy and 'cool', you need to have the 'latest'. Now I ask you this question. Do you really want your child to grow up to be a selfish and self centered adult? I don't think so.


Kids become so obsessed with obtaining what's 'in' that they forget to stop and smell the roses. What happened to playing a simple board game or star gazing. Having that special time with mom and dad or simply talking.
It is our duty as parents to teach our kids to create memories rather than striving to having the best and the latest. By creating memories with our kids we teach them to feed their souls with joy, passion and happiness. Together with faith we need to teach them how to build a firm rock to stand on.


Our duty as parent is more than just providing food, home, clothes etc. It is to give them security, love and hope. By creating happy memories, you allow your child to build a strong character. With memories of what a role of a Holy father and mother should be, your child will become that and further pass it onto their children. 


"Do not allow the world to shape their souls."

Do not allow your child to have empty spaces in their hearts and minds when they are older. Parents! Never underestimate the power of a silly chat or making shapes out of clouds. Create happy moments for your kids so that when they are older and you're not there to cheer them up they will have this rock called MEMORY to lift them back up and carry on. 

"Memories shape them. It shapes their soul."

Do not allow the world to shape their souls. God has given you this beautiful gift to mold into God loving human being. It is the small moments that shape their memories to last a lifetime.

I am so so grateful that my parents gave me memories of a happy home. A home I will do anything to have for my child. My parents created a happy haven where in trouble or hard times I could always go to. I felt safe I felt good. And that is a constant reminder to create the same for my child. 

Live like there is not tomorrow. Live today and look into your children's eyes like its the last time you'll see them. 

"Create a safe haven for your children."

Have a blessed day all.



No comments:

Post a Comment