Tuesday 24 March 2015

Being a mom

Hi All,

So I’m reading this newsletter from a great blog The Better Mom title: “The mother that keeps giving.” And it is mails like these that makes me feel a little better. Why? Cause it shows me that it is okay to have mommy blues or that being a mom is journey. There are so many other emails that I receive that are inspiring and comforting at the same time.


Devoting your heart

Something I have learnt is that being a good mom is not just about prepping a meal, cleaning, buying gifts etc. But it is about devoting your heart to your child. I feel if you do that, your child in return will let you into their hearts. So what does devoting your heart means? For me, it is sacrifice, listening with your hart and being there for your child not only as a mom but a friend. Sometimes listen without lecturing.
Although the sleepless nights and tantrums I would never trade being a mom for anything else. I feel like God gave us kids because he wants us to see life through their eyes. Enjoy and cherish the simple things in life. Although we are here to teach our kids everything, sometimes there is a lot we can learn from them.

Turn to God’s word.

There are days when I feel like I’m a bad mom, but than I remind myself that like everything in life. Motherhood is a journey, and every journey has its ups and downs. If you feel lost and overwhelmed with motherhood, simply turn to Gods word. It’s all there, written in black and white. Like Angus Buchan once said: “Bible is God manual for life.” Fill your heart and life with Gods love and than in return it will overflow to your child. We all make mistakes, but were humans, it’s okay.  Ask God to forgive you and help you which way to go.
They want so little.
I never knew what motherhood means until I became a mom. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. To love someone so much, that you would do anything for them. You will protect them with your life. So often my day gets busy, I rush all over like a headless chicken. 

Than I pause…think to myself…wait a minute.

All this little person in front of me wants, is my time and devotion. We need to make it a habit to spend more quality time with our kids. We will never get today back again and tomorrow is never promised to anyone. Don’t wait till tomorrow to spend some time with your child. What if tomorrow never comes. The best gift you can give your child is your time.


Thank you so much for reading my post. I really hope this will inspire you to be a mom God wants you to be. I also make mistakes and I often cry because it feels like I’m failing as a mom. But than I stand up, shake off and ask God to give me the strength to be a better mom. Remember,  it is a journey and you are never alone. 

Once again thanks for reading. 
Be sure to leave a comment about your journey as mom.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment